A postpartum doula “mother the mother.” She cares, assists, supports and educates the mother in the early days of bringing the baby(ies) home. She also supports the whole family by smoothing the transition of having a newborn added to the family. Her main focus is to make things easier for the mother; like taking care of siblings and running errands. Her knowledge on caring for mother and baby extensive and carried out with love and care.
A postpartum doula service is good for many moms who do not have close family and friends nearby to help them. Mothers need rest and time to recuperate and enjoy quality time with their baby. A postpartum doula works with the mother to give her as much rest as possible.
POSTPARTUM HEALTHCARE FOR WOMEN
The typical postpartum hospital stay is less than 48 hours. Women are usually sent home with ample resources about their babies and little guidance about how they can care for their own bodies, and how their partners, friends, and families might help them.
- Light housekeeping
- Run errands, get grocery
- Light meal preparation
- Sibling care
- Promote and encourage parents
- Locate local resources that may be of help to the parents
- Promote bonding between parent and child
- Breastfeeding support
- Changing, bathing, and feeding the baby
- Prepare bottles for feeding
- Pump preparation and cleaning
- Soothing and helping to alleviate baby’s discomfort
- Baby soothing techniques
- Post circumcision care
- Troubleshoots potential issues of concern
- Organize and maintain the nursery
- Emotional and physical support to reduce PSD or prevent it
- Organize and normalize the home to function with a new baby
The National Sleep Foundation
“..When you don’t get the 7-9 hours of quality sleep you need, it can heavily influence your outlook on life, energy level, motivation, and emotions..”
We would love to assist you.
Tell us how we can help you have the best pregnancy and delivery experience.
Complete our Request for Services Form
CONNECT WITH US